Thursday, October 31, 2013

La Fuckin Witch- A Craft Beer Halloween Video

It's Halloween! (give or take a few hours, depending your time zone)

And that means

Pumpkin Ales!


DSC_2021

Check out Back of the Ferry's 8 pumpkin beers you should try this year, because I've only had ONE type of pumpkin ale in the past recently years and have no idea what's good.

When in doubt, see what rate my pumpkins says about that pumpkin ale you've got in your hand- they're professionals.

Let us not discriminate with our boo'zing! Sample some of these other haunted hop monsters

Hop zombie from Epic Brewing

hop zombie

Or, if you are in New Zealand, Yakima Hop Monster (I'm guessing it has some Yakima hops in there somewhere. Just a guess.)

LibertyBrewingYakimaMonster

Three Floyds brewing Zombie Dust and mills that right up into a gushing pale ale of the highest quality. SPOOKY!

zombie dust

campbraggot

Why not sip on a  Cigar City and B.nektar meadery collaboration Ghost Stories while sitting around the campfire munching on home made chocolate stout s'mores from The BeeronessChocolate-stout-smores-bars21-1024x1024

or Kickstarter funded Beer Mallows

imgres


MMMMmmmm... beer mallows....


While filming my Halloween Edition I had the pleasure of sipping on some French craft beers that likely have the best craft beer halloween name:

DSC_2024BRASSERIE LA PARADIS- La Fuckin Witch 5.5%abv American Pale Ale


A: Hocus pocus hazy hay with a bibitty bobbity white bubble head that retained pretty fucking well. Yeast settlements living on the bottom of the bottle happened to also creep into my glass in the form of floating nuggets. I'm not scared.

S: Haunted hops! Citrus hops, candied hops and some light wand waves of magic blond malt

T: Heaps of citrus and grassy sweet fruits, burning hop content and a bitchin bite.

M: Surprising light body and below average carbonation.

O: Very hop forward fuckin witch who might have skipped childhood and went straight onto insanity. The malt base is a bit lacking, to help balance out the citrus but overall, a fucking rockin roll pale that is full of magic.

And then I got sentimental (or just plain mental) and opened up the first pumpkin ale that I've had in over two years.

DSC_2025BROOKLYN BREWING- Post Road Pumpkin Ale 5.0%Abv Pumpkin Ale


A: Light orange, pumpkin, tawny like fall leaves

S: Smashed pumpkins

T: Mild to zero spice notes on a light body of pumpkin juice.

M: Very sticky and tacky

O: The carbonation helps battle the heavy syrupy feel but defiantly delivers on pumpkin-ness. I have nothing to compare it to!! It was great! I had a whole pack at my disposal thanks to Cave a Bulles and Brewberry.

Craft Beer Halloween


Check out Tasting Nitch on youtube where I ramble about beer geek costume ideas and my pumpkin ale addiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZUpQj-djDg

Word of warning- I use the fuck word liberally because I'm an adult and I'm drinking a beer called La Fuckin Witch

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment