Saturday, August 31, 2013

Plants vs Zombies 2 and Hop Harvesting

It seems most of the entire beer brewing world is up on ladders collecting harvesting hops while here in her new Paris location Nitch has been doing a great deal of planting herself. Sunflowers, peashooters and potato mines have been planted on a regular basis around my house to protect myself (and my brains) from pirate zombies, pharaoh zombies and cowboy zombies- Plants vs Zombies 2 addiction alert!

http://youtu.be/Vx5ESIHAfR4

Addictions are good for many things, taking up full hours of metro time that would otherwise be spent eyeing funky Parisian fashion and trying to decode French youth lingo or for generally alienating oneself from family. I'm not alone in my mini game addiction, as there are people, we're all doing it. Mr. Beerbecue in this statement last week:

"I’m just like little whacked-out Tiffi following Mr. Toffee’s dubious charges and his trail of candy, which no doubt leads to a creepy, windowless van."

I was able to avoid the lures of Bejeweled inspired Candy Crush and it's sugar coated delights only to fall into the brain munching traps of PopCap's second version of Plants vs. Zombies.

Waiting for my hops babies to sprout- sunshine in France is fairly rare and there isn't the pressing combat desire of a zombie invasion. Unrewarding as planting real plants are, my dear friends as you know from my disappointing plant post of past, I've substituted reality with the delight of cartoon death.

LEAVE MY BRAINS ALONE!

Here are pictures of the hops that I have growing:

[caption id="attachment_1652" align="alignnone" width="696"]DSC01637 Hop babies[/caption]

Here are pictures of what everyone else has:

[caption id="attachment_1651" align="alignnone" width="696"]wall of hops other psychguy and his hop harvest[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1650" align="alignnone" width="696"]wall of hops Reddit's Home brewing populace cheers the Centennial wall.[/caption]

 

I'm not jealous. You know me, my dear friends and readers and Nitch is never a jealous lady. I merely have deep, angry longing to own the wonderful things that other people have.

Who is hop harvesting?


Oskar Blues says their harvest is in full swing.

Shades of Pale Brewing has so many hops laying around that they are starting to use them as medical substitutes.

The Brew site is looking to be the Johnny Apple Seed of hops and wants to create a website where free, feral hops can be monitored, cared for and harvested by members. Great idea, ol' chap! Check it out here. I'm 100% on, have no web design skills but will completely litter lands with hop seeds in hopes of covering the world with the viral plant.

For a hop harvesting video, check out The Brew Dudes, who give out some DIY growing, harvesting and drying ideas.

Beervana displays another example of Portland, Oregon's abundant investment in community brewing with the Lucky Lap Hop Harvest, a local collaboration with beer drinkers donating harvesting time and hops to their brewer.

[caption id="attachment_1655" align="alignnone" width="700"]thumb Oskar Blues harvests hops like a boss[/caption]

Next week


Plants vs Zombies 3 introduces the newest plant growth! HOPS! Intoxicates zombies and causes them to eat their own arm before exploding with bittering intolerance.

Until then my hop harvesting friends, keep your brains safe and your lawn mowers running. 


XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (o.0) What problem, no way, not me- I'm in control of the mini games, they don't control me.
    Oh- updates! gtg!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete